Tuff-N-Nuff R.I.P.® Shield
Tuff-N-Nuff R.I.P Shield
R.I.P. Rock Shield is a protective rock shield that is utilized in place of select backfill for pipes with diameter less than or equal to 2".
The R.I.P. Shield Advantage
- Can eliminate the need for select back fill.
- Ensures a full protective encirclement for PE gas mains and services, water and sewer piping, triplex electrical cable, coaxial cable, and fiber optic conduit.
- Protects from rock migration and soil erosion sometimes associated with select back fill.
- Maintains consistent and uniform installation.
- Increases productivity.
- Reduces waste (excess select fill material).
- Provides a protective color-coded warning barrier.
- Provides an insulator between carrier pipe and tracer wire.
- Prevents damage to pipe/cable surface resulting from hand excavation.
- Easy to install: Flexible, no need for strapping.
- Easily removed for future tie-ins and repairs.
- Porous / Does not trap water.
- Product design easily supports double wrapping should extra protection be required.
- Ideal for URD (Underground Residential Development) / Common Trenching.
- Eliminates environmental concerns resulting from off site disposal of excavated spoil.
- Convenient size rolls.
- Tuff-N-Nuff / R.I.P. Shield = 95% material cost / 5% labor (average installation time for a 60' service = 10-15 minutes)
- Select Fill = +/- 40% material cost / +/- 60% Other (Labor, equipment etc.)
- Should the carrier ever leak, the casing will transfer the gas away from its point of origin. Inherent problems are created as a result of gas leak migration. (Gas Industry)
- Must insert carrier into casing prior to service connection
- Must ensure the casing is watertight. Should water penetrate the annular space and freeze, the carrier pipe could potentially be squeezed and restrict the flow of gas. (Gas Industry)
- Removal of PE casing for tie-ins or repairs can be difficult and potentially damaging to carrier pipe. (Gas Industry)
- Handling of casing reduces the amount of carrier pipe the service crew can haul.
- 11mm thick PVC strand extruded
- Patented mesh design
- Standard roll length: 60 ft
- Standard roll diameter: 24"
- Standard roll weight; 0.825 lb per square foot / 50 lbs per roll
- Impact Strength (ASTM G14)
A load of 200 pst reached a maximum penetration of roughly 50% within 48 hours at 75 degrees F
- Compressive Strength (ASTM D1621)
90 psi @ 50% deformation
- Exceeds standards per ASTM B395
0.010" maximum permenant deformation @ 111 psi
- Color: Third party identification per international industry color code standards (i.e. Gas/Oil: Yellow, Electric: Red, Telecommunications & Cable TV: Orange, Water: Blue, Sewer: Green)