Product Information for:
Loresco SC-2® Impressed Current Backfill
Loresco SC-2® Super Conducting earth contact Backfill.
Loresco SC-2® is a surface modified, blended, and sized carbon Backfill.
Loresco type SC-2® is designed specifically for deep anode systems.
Loresco type SC-2® is a dust-free product and, according to EPA extraction tests, is extremely pure and complies with regulations governing buried products. SC-2® mixes easily with water and may be pumped into deep anode systems. Loresco SC-2® is designed to promote electronic flow between the anode surface and itself.
Loresco SC-2® is produced specifically for cathodic protection applications using an exclusive multi-step process. First, a high quality base carbon with desired characteristics is selected. Next, this carbon is calcined to a minimum temperature of 1250? C under exacting and controlled standards. This step results in semi-graphitized carbon particles with excellent conductivity. Then, to further improve bulk conductivity, the surfaces of the individual particles are half-modified to enhance the contact conductance. This breakthrough in surface alteration ensures maximum electronic current transfer with positive anode contact. The surface alteration on the particle surfaces is not easily removed and stands up to the vigorous application methods in all field requirements.
The bulk density and high fixed carbon content coupled with the assured low resistivity medium allows for longer groundbed life at a lower operating cost.
Loresco SC-2® is designed to be used in impressed current cathodic protection systems, deep or shallow. Specify Loresco SC-2® Super-Conducting Premium Earth Contact Backfill. For high current installations, Loresco SC-3® is recommended.
Loresco SC-2® has excellent pumping qualities and when agitated in water, takes on the characteristics of heavy mud. A recommended mix is seven gallons of water per one hundred pounds. After installing SC-2®, allow twenty-four hours settling time before energizing. The modified surface of the carbon particles in SC-2® will achieve positive electrical contact by settling. Vibrating or compacting is not necessary.
- Bulk Density: 74 lbs. per cubic foot.
- Fixed carbon content is greater than 99.35% by weight.
- Predomiantly round particles.
- All particles surface modified for maximum electrical conductivity.
- Particle Sizing: To be dust free with a maximum particle size of 1mm.
- Minimum calcination temperature of base materials is 1250?C.
- Base materials are calcined under ISO 9002 quality control.
- No de-dusting oils are used during the manufacture of base particles.
Loresco products are shipped in 501 pound (22.7 kg) coated, woven polypropylene2 bags. Products may be stored outside for limited periods (not to exceed four hundred hours of sunlight). Pallets are available with 501 bags per pallet. Proven export packaging is also available.
(1) SW is shipped with 40 bags per pallet. EnviroCoke IV™ is shipped with 45 bags per pallet.
(2) EnviroCoke IV™ is packaged in 50-pound plastic-lined multi-wall paper bags.