Product Information for:
ZapGard® Test Station
The ZapGard® cathodic protection test station is a 5 to 10 lead version of the widely used BigFink® station, PLUS the unique shock guard to protect personnel from accidental contact with the electrical terminals AND banana plug terminals for all test leads. The ZapGard® test station provides all the ruggedness of the BigFink® station plus the safety features of the ZapGard® and the convenience of banana plug terminals. The ZapGard® test station is made of high impact strength, non-conductive Lexan®. It may be used as a terminal for test leads to read:
- Underground structure-to-soil potentials.
- Cathodic protection anode currents.
- The resistive integrity of insulation flanges and joints.
- The integrity of insulation between all types of underground metallic structures, such as between a carrier and its casing.
- Stray currents on all types of underground structures.
The BigFink® enclosure is molded of Lexan®, one of the world’s toughest plastics – protects resistors, shunts, meters and other circuit components from accidental damage or environmental attack. (Perfect for H2S or seawater exposure.)
- “Dead Front” design – no exposed metallic surfaces protects against accidental contact with electrical terminals, conforms to NACE Standard RP-01-77 paragraph 4.4.4
- High-impact strength – molded of Lexan®, one of the world’s toughest plastics which is used to make football helmets, military helmet liners, crash helmets, snow mobile bodies, aircraft windows, etc.
- Has four times the impact strength of aluminum.
- One-half the weight of aluminum.
- Will not rust, corrode, shock, shatter, peel, add weight or absorb heat.
- Has dimensional and electrical stability from -60 degrees F. to +250 degrees F.
- Stable under ultraviolet attack.
- Terminals completely accessible from both sides of terminal board.
- Maintenane free – eliminates painting – comes in a variety of colors.
- Non-metallic Lexan® drastically reduces shock hazard.
- Accessories include: Nickel plated copper bonding straps, calibrated shunts, power resistors, lightning arrestors, meters, etc.
- Can be ordered with a locking device.
- Test Station and cover made of Lexan®.
Ultraviolet stabilized polyethylene – predrilled in 5 foot lengths with anchor and access holes for wires. Each test station consists of a lockable cover, a terminal board with integral compression fit base and a compression nut for clamping the base to the conduit. Also included is the unique ZapGard® cover and banana plug terminals for all test leads. Conduit, wiring and other accessories are available on request.
Banana Jacks – Lexan® heads with nickel plated brass bodies and hex nuts.
Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, White, Black,
are standard on Big Fink® and COTTPipe®.
Any color is available as an option.
- Single (5 Lead) ZapGard®
- Double (8 Lead) ZapGard®
Available in models to fit 3/4″, 1-1/4″, 2″ and 3″ diameter conduit.