Product Information for:
Loresco SW® Impressed Current Backfill
Earth Contact Backfill
Loresco type SW® is specially formulated for impressed current surface systems.
Loresco type SW® is designed for use in impressed current surface systems. SW® is also suitable for containerized anode systems and semi-deep impressed current systems. SW® may be poured dry or through water or light mud.
Loresco SW® exhibits a hard, round shape and does not require tamping because of its ability to go full density with simple pouring.
The manufacture of SW® is in a highly controlled “hot” atmosphere which produces a particle surface with wettable characteristics. This allows SW® to be freely poured directly into water or light mud without sacrificing system integrity due to poorly compacted carbon. Set-up time is almost instantaneous.
Loresco SW® is a product designed to be placed in the earth. According to EPA-approved leacherate tests, SW® meets all purity requirements for materials utilized in underground burial.
Loresco SW® may be poured freely in dry applications. If SW® is poured through water, the rate should not exceed one hundred pounds per minute. The rate of pouring should be decreased if the fluid is a light mud.
- Horizontal Installation Procedure
- Have a reasonably clean ditch (design usually calls for a ditch one foot wide).
- Pour Loresco SW® in a continuous layer six inches deep (or as specified).
- Place anodes on top of SW®.
- Pour SW® in a continuous layer until anodes are covered by a six inch Backfill cover (or as specified).
- Fill the remainder of the ditch as specified.
- Vertical Installation Procedure
- Have a reasonably clean hole (depth depending on soil resistivity).
- Place one foot of SW® in bottom of hole.
- Lower and center anode in proper position.
- Pour SW® over anode until design level is reached.
- Fill remainder of hole as design specifies.
- Bulk Density: 54 lbs. per cubic foot.
- Particle Sizing: Ranging from 1mm to 12mm.
- Porosity: 56.7%.
Loresco products are shipped in 501 pound (22.7 kg) coated, woven polypropylene2 bags. Products may be stored outside for limited periods (not to exceed four hundred hours of sunlight). Pallets are available with 501 bags per pallet. Proven export packaging is also available.
(1) SW is shipped with 40 bags per pallet. EnviroCoke IV™ is shipped with 45 bags per pallet.
(2) EnviroCoke IV™ is packaged in 50-pound plastic-lined multi-wall paper bags.