Loresco EnviroCoke IV™
EnviroCoke IV™, the Backfill in the Loresco line of products designed specifically for deep cathodic protection systems whose discharge area must include environmentally sensitive zones.
Loresco EnviroCoke IV™
Conductive Carbon Grout.
Loresco type EnviroCoke IV™ is designed specifically for deep cathodic protection systems whose discharge area must include environmentally sensitive zones. (U.S. Patent No. 5,080,773)
Loresco type EnviroCoke IV™ combines the conductive properties of natural round grain calcined petroleum coke particles with the low permeability properties of grout. The Coke particles are specifically sized to form the main conductive structure of the electrically conductive grout. To enhance the conductivity properties of EnviroCoke IV™, naturally occuring flakes of high quality graphite are added to the composite mixture. Further additives make installation easier by minimizing the apparent viscosity of the slurry. The additives insure the compatibility of EnviroCoke IV™ with equipment normally used to install cathodic protection systems.
EnviroCoke IV™ is designed specifically for use in the discharging zone on the outside of a conductive casing, with anodes and Loresco type SC-3® inside the casing. By placing EnviroCoke IV™ around the casing on the outside, a conductive seal is formed which serves as an environmental precaution against interchange flow between water bearing formations in the discharging zones. When used in conjunction with PermaPlug, total environmental control can be established.
EnviroCoke IV™, with its conductivity and ease of installation, provides a solution to environmental concerns pertaining to deep anode installations in sensitive areas.
EnviroCoke IV™ must be pre-mixed thoroughly with water before pumping.
- Mix 7 gallons of water with each 100-pounds of EnviroCoke IV™. Mixing and placement may be undertaken as a single batch process or in a continuous series fashion.
- Once installation has started, pumping should not be interrupted. EnviroCoke IV™ should be placed by pumping from the bottom of the earth hole up using a minimum one-inch steel placement pipe.
- Minimum pumping pressure required in a 300-foot deep system is approximately 125 p.s.i. The casing EnviroCoke IV™ is placed around will be buoyant during installation.
- A mud of sufficient weight should be added to the inside of the casing or hold the casing with suitable clamps to prevent floating.
- EnviroCoke IV™ becomes structurally stable 24 hours following installation. Clamps or mud may be removed at this time.
EnviroCoke IV™ is a seal which will minimize water transfer. A vent pipe for the release of gases and as a facility for water addition is recommended. Loresco’s AllVent™ is preferred because of it’s unique design. It is specifically made for use with the EnviroCoke IV™ system.
Loresco products are shipped in 501 pound (22.7 kg) coated, woven polypropylene2 bags. Products may be stored outside for limited periods (not to exceed four hundred hours of sunlight). Pallets are available with 501 bags per pallet. Proven export packaging is also available.
(1) SW is shipped with 40 bags per pallet. EnviroCoke IV™ is shipped with 45 bags per pallet.
(2) EnviroCoke IV™ is packaged in 50-pound plastic-lined multi-wall paper bags.