Loresco SWS® Impressed Current Backfill
SWS® is formulated for impressed current surface systems. Particle sizing is between 1mm to 12mm.
Loresco type SWS® is specially formulated for impressed current surface systems.
Loresco type SWS® is designed for use in impressed current surface systems. SWS® is also suitable for containerized anode systems and semi-deep impressed current systems. SWS® may be poured dry or through water or light mud.
Loresco SWS® exhibits a hard, round shape and does not require tamping because of its ability to go full density with simple pouring.
The manufacture of SWS® is in a highly controlled “hot” atmosphere which produces a particle surface with wettable characteristics. This allows SWS® to be freely poured directly into water or light mud without sacrificing system integrity due to poorly compacted carbon. Set-up time is almost instantaneous.
Loresco SWS® is a product designed to be placed in the earth. According to EPA-approved leacherate tests, SWS® meets all purity requirements for materials utilized in underground burial.
Loresco SWS® may be poured freely in dry applications. If SWS® is poured through water, the rate should not exceed one hundred pounds per minute. The rate of pouring should be decreased if the fluid is a light mud.
- Horizontal Installation Procedure
- Have a reasonably clean ditch (design usually calls for a ditch one foot wide).
- Pour Loresco SWS® in a continuous layer six inches deep (or as specified).
- Place anodes on top of SWS®.
- Pour SWS® in a continuous layer until anodes are covered by a six inch Backfill cover (or as specified).
- Fill the remainder of the ditch as specified.
- Have a reasonably clean hole (depth depending on soil resistivity).
- Place one foot of SWS® in bottom of hole.
- Pour SW® over anode until design level is reached.
- Fill remainder of hole as design specifies.
Lower and center anode in proper position.
- Bulk Density: 68 lbs. per cubic foot
- Particle Sizing: 90% between 1 mm and 5 mm
Loresco products are shipped in 501 pound (22.7 kg) coated, woven polypropylene bags. Products may be stored outside for limited periods (not to exceed four hundred hours of sunlight). Pallets are available with 50 bags per pallet. Proven export packaging is also available.