Product Information for:
Loresco DW-1® Impressed Current Backfill
Loresco DW-1® Earth contact Backfill.
Loresco type DW-1® is designed for impressed current surface systems and light duty semi-deep anode systems.
Loresco type DW-1® is a sized carbon Backfill with particles ranging between 0.1 to 1 mm. DW-1® sinks readily in water or light mud.
Being a sized and predominantly round material, DW-1® may be installed by either pumping or pouring. Approximately seven gallons of water per one hundred pounds of Backfill should be utilized when pumping. DW-1® wets easily and only minimum agitation is necessary before pumping.
Loresco DW-1® may be poured freely into dry applications. Tamping is not required. When it is applied by pumping, the recommended method is to pump from the bottom of the bored hole upward. After the application pipe (a one-inch steel pipe) is lowered down to the bottom of the bored hole, it is coupled to a 20 GPM pump with a minimum capacity of 250 psi. Normally, the application pipe does not have to be raised during pumping procedures.
- Horizontal Installation Procedure
- Have a reasonably clean ditch (design usually calls for a ditch one foot wide).
- Pour Loresco DW-1® in a continuous layer six inches deep (or as specified).
- Place anodes on top of DW-1®.
- Pour DW-1® in a continuous layer until anodes are covered by a six inch Backfill cover (or as specified).
- Fill the remainder of the ditch as specified.
- Vertical Installation Procedure
- Have a reasonably clean hole (depth depending on soil resistivity).
- Place one foot of DW-1® in bottom of hole.
- Lower and center anode in proper position.
- Pour DW-1® over anode until design level is reached.
- Fill remainder of hole as design specifies.
Bulk Density: 74 lbs. per cubic foot.
Fixed carbon content is greater than 90% by weight.
Particle sizing ranging from 0.1 to 1mm.
Loresco products are shipped in 50 pound (22.7 kg) coated, woven polypropylene bags. Products may be stored outside for limited periods (not to exceed four hundred hours of sunlight). Pallets are available with 50 bags per pallet. Proven export packaging is also available.