This data logger application requires a PocketPC with a serial port for attachment to Radio Detection’s RD4000 device. With this combination you can perform a Depth of Cover (DOC) or Pipeline Current Mapper (PCM) survey, or a combination of the two, complete with GPS location and date/time stamp on every reading. As you might expect, this data logger software comes with all the bells and whistles you are accustomed to seeing in M. C. Miller products. For the perfect tool, we recommend using this software with Trimble’s GeoExplorer XT sub-meter GPS PocketPC.
Key features and Benefits
- Automatically advances the linear pipeline measure (i.e. station number) on every reading using a preset increment or a distance calculated from GPS.
- Allows for entry of surveying flags and right-of-way feature codes
- Entry of a known station number will automatically adjust stationing back to the previous known station.
- Remarks can be made on any reading.
- Each reading is position and date/time stamped from the GPS .
- Surveys are stored in XML documents for easy reading by other applications including, of course, our own ProActive program.
- Edit and graph survey data right on the handheld.