Model IA Analog Electronic Potential Meter
Model IA Analog Electronic Potential Meter (Cat. #4107)
The Model IA Analog meter is designed for use by non-technical personnel including crews, servicemen, meter readers, etc., but it is also suitable for the most experienced engineers and technicians.
The 10 megohm input resistance practically eliminates low potential readings caused by resistance in the external circuit due to contact resistance of the reference electrode. This condition is frequently encountered in city work and in frozen ground.
- Low cost
- Structure to earth potentials
- 0 – 2 volts or go-no-go
- Includes electrode and two leads
- Optional electrode extension
The Model IA includes potential meter, RE-5 CuSO4 electrode, one 8′ test lead with large clip attached, one 8′ test lead with 27-C test clip, battery, top and bottom protective covers, and carrying case. Shipped assembled in case.
Warranty: Any part which fails during first year (except battery) will be repaired or replaced by M. C. Miller Co., Inc. without charge, when returned to M. C. Miller Co., Inc. prepaid and insured.
- 2 1/2″ taut-band rugged instrument.
- Weatherproofed neoprene gasket.
- 10 MΩ input resistance.
- Solid-state impedance amplifier.
- Operates on one small 9 V transistor battery, low drain – long shelf life, push switch to check battery condition, battery easily replaced and readily available.
- Push switch to read potentials, current drain only while taking readings.
- Scale marked 0VDC to 2VDC, color band: Red to 0.85VDC, Green to 2VDC.
- Filter eliminates errors caused by AC, Up to 50 volts 50/60 Hz.
- Operating temperature: 0°F to 150°F.
- Molded PVC housing.
- Plastic carrying case with resilient padding.
- Modular construction
- Weight: about 3 lbs.
- Size: 2 1/2″ deep x 10″ long.