Kris-Tech Stainless Steel Tracer Wire
Kris-Tech Stainless Steel Tracer Wire Description
Kris-Tech Stainless Steel Tracer Wire is a high tensile strength stranded steel conductor insulated with high molecular weight polyethylene (HMWPE). This product is manufactured according to Underwriters Laboratory (UL) constructions in both 30 V and 600 V versions suitable for use at a maximum continuous operating temperature of 75°C in wet and dry locations.
Kris-Tech Stainless Steel Tracer Wire Applications
Kris-Tech tracer/locator wire can be used for locating a buried cable or pipe.
Most typically, a frequency generator is connected directly to the cable you want to trace, and a high or low frequency signal is applied. In the passive method, power voltages are sometimes applied at a frequency of 50-60 Hz.
The stainless steel variety is intended for use in severe applications, such as directional drilling, where standard copper tracer wire has insufficient mechanical and/or breaking strength properties.
Kris-Tech Stainless Steel Tracer Wire Standards
- Direct burial rated
Kris-Tech HMWPE Tracer Wire Available Products
- Sizes #18 through 1/0 AWG
- Solid up to #4AWG and Stranded in all sizes
- Hard-drawn copper available
- Available in all colors as standardized by the American Public Works Association (APWA) Uniform Color Code for Underground Utility Lines
- Custom printing legends if required by customer