IonX Portable Electrodes
The “active” (half-cell) solution in an IonX Portable Electrode (saturated copper sulfate solution) is contained in a sealed unit that incorporates a non-porous, ionically-conducting plug.
|RE-5||1.375 in.||6.5 in.||0.4 lb.|
|RE-5C||1.375 in.||7 in.||0.44 lb.|
|Measurements are approximate|
- IonX Portable Reference Electrode (either RE-5 or RE-5C style)
- Electrode Calibration Certificate
- “Derivation of Electrode Potential Value” Document
- Instructions & Maintenance
- 2 oz Squeeze Bottle of Electrode Solution for “Top-Ups” (Cat.# 14635)
IonX Portable Electrodes are in a “ready-to-use” state upon completion of the manufacturing process and their electrode potentials are measured at the factory, prior to shipping. A certificate of calibration is issued for each electrode which, in addition to indicating the electrode potential as measured at the factory, presents the certification date and the expiration date, which is 12 months beyond the date of certification. IonX Portable Electrodes can be returned annually to the factory for a calibration “check-up”.
Features & Benefits
- No copper sulfate solution leakage (“Green” Electrodes)
- Half-cell cannot be contaminated
- No need to handle, store or dispose of hazardous copper sulfate crystals or copper sulfate anti-freeze solutions
- Electrodes arrive “ready-to-use”: there is no need to prepare chemicals etc. in the field.
- All IonX Portable Electrodes are calibrated at the factory and are shipped with a certificate of calibration.
- Electrode potentials are in the range 316mV ?10mV at 25°C versus Standard Hydrogen Electrode (SHE)
- Electrodes can be stored at temperatures down to -20°C
- Electrodes have the same fittings as conventional M. C. Miller portable electrodes (for connection to standard canes and electrode extensions). The robust ceramic plugs are customized for IonX electrodes and replacement plug assemblies can be ordered when required.
Calibration “Check-up” Service
As is the case for other equipment items, such as voltmeters, for which annual calibration checking is suggested, M. C. Miller offers a calibration check-up service for IonX Portable Reference Electrodes (Cat. #14698).
This service includes a new 12 month certificate of calibration. An electrode will only be issued a calibration certificate if its electrode potential falls in the range 316mV +/- 10mV, versus the Standard Hydrogen Electrode (SHE). Should the external ceramic plug require replacement in order to bring an electrode into calibration, the customer would be informed and the cost of a replacement plug would be added to the service cost.