Product Information for:
AnodeFlex™ 3000 Series Anodes
AnodeFlex™ 3000 Series
- Long-line, Flexible Anode of Copper-Cored Titanium Wire
- Iridium-based Mixed Metal Oxide Coating.
- Pre-packaged in Coke Breeze.
- Available up to 65mA/m (20mA/ft), 328mA/m (100mA/ft), and 656mA/m (200mA/ft) max current output.
Five Basic Elements
- Composition: Copper-Cored Titanium Wire with Iridium-based Mixed Metal Oxide (MMO) coating
- Provides low attenuation for reduced splicing, in combination with prepackaged coke breeze
- offers a low resistance groundbed designed for a minimum life of 20 years at maximum current output.
- Central Bus Cable: #6 or #8 AWG Halar Insulated Copper
- #6 and #8 HMWPE Insulated Copper also available
- Serves as a low resistance busbar to delivering current over distance
- Minimizes longitudinal voltage drop.
- Halar insulation seals the conductor from chemical attack;
- Halar is stable in presence of chlorine, hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid, or strong oxidizing agents.
- Pre-Packaged Coke Breeze: Anode is centered in high performance calcined petroleum coke breeze, serving as the active matrix in which the electrochemical reactions take place. Designed for a minimum of 20 years service life at maximum current output of 656mA/m (200mA/ft).
- Patented acid resistant, porous Fabric Jacket: Integrated holds the coke breeze in place around the anode.
- Protective braid: Tough, porous, non-conductive protective braid enhancing the abrasion and damage resistance of the fabric jacket.
- Anode can be remote to the pipeline
- Flexible under tank bottom design
- Long continuous circuit lengths
- Pipeline Rehabilitation without Excavation
- Pre-packaged coke breeze
Used to protect buried Pipelines and Above- or Below-Ground Storage Tanks, AnodeFlex™ 3200 can be placed remote to the target structure where protection of upto 656mA/m (200mA/ft) is designed. AnodeFlex 3200 achieves the optimum current output in applications where close proximity anode groundbeds do not work.
AnodeFlex™ 3200 can be placed remote to the steel surface to be protected, thereby maintaining the steel-to soil “instant=off” potential in the required window of -850 mV (-950 mV if SRB’s present) and -1200mV. The central MMO wire and cable are surrounded by factory prepackaged, high conductivity coke breeze, held in place by a porous, woven acid-resistant jacket. This arrangement avoids handling loose coke breeze and simplifies field installation. The patented use of acid resistent jacket maintains longterm integrity of the anode’s coke breeze. The improved current distribution increases anode efficiency and maintains a low resistance groundbed. On poorly coated pipelines where optimal polarization can no longer be achieved, AnodeFlex™ 3200 can often be installed as an alternative to expensive recoating. Both on single and multi-parallel pipelines, safe levels of polarization will be restored at every point. The system avoids difficult and costly field recoating and greatly reduces environmental disturbance.
AnodeFlex™ 3200 is delivered on long length spools and the installation is as simple as laying a low voltage power cable. Proven heat-shrinkable splice kits, with tee splices and end sealing caps are available to complete any installation design.
- Distributes current uniformly over total length.
- No over-or under-protected areas.
- Prevents accelerated coating disbondment.
- More effective & economical than a series of discrete anodes.
- Directional drill with no PVC, no Backfill.
- Tight bend radius.
- Driving voltage is lower than conventional MMO.
- 67% fewer joints compared to conventional anode systems.
- Lower maintenance costs.
- A fraction of the cost of recoating.
- Environmentally friendly.
- No loss of revenue or supply interruptions.
- No safety problems associated with working on live lines.
- Simplifies field installation.
- Installation with standard cable, laying equipment.
- Fast, easy & cost effective.
|Product Type/Current Output|
AnodeFlex™ 3020: 66mA/m (20mA/ft), AnodeFlex™ 3100: 328 mA/m (100mA/ft), AnodeFlex™ 3200: 656mA/m (200mA/ft)
|Copper Conductor Type|
#8AWG-Halar Dual Insulated, #6AWG-Halar Dual Insualted, #8AWG HMWPE Single Insulated, #6AWG HMWPD Single Insulated