ALCO Rectifier Oil Cooled & Explosion Proof Rectifiers
ALCO Rectifier Oil Cooled & Explosion Proof Rectifier Advantages
The “oil cooled” cathodic protection rectifiers, are recognized as industry leading in quality, workmanship and service life. Many years of field-proven service have led to the superior design of these rectifiers. Conservative equipment ratings, controlled manufacturing techniques, plus many extra features ensure long and trouble-free operation.
Typical cathodic protection applications for the oil cooled rectifier line include severe environmental conditions due to high humidity, dust, or other situations that would shorten the life of a standard air cooled rectifier.
Explosion proof models are used for Class 1, Div. 2, Group D locations and comply with U.L. Standard 698. While similar to the standard oil cooled rectifiers, the explosion proof units are fitted with special hazardous area fittings to eliminate possibility of an ignition source.
ALCO Rectifier Oil Cooled & Explosion Proof Rectifier Features
- Weatherproof to NEMA 3R.
- Heavy duty 11 gauge hot dip galvanized cabinet with hinged top lid and stainless steel hardware.
- External cabinet fins for added strength and cooling.
- Heavy duty, draw-pull, stainless steel cabinet latches.
- Separate instrument compartment with hinged door and stainless steel hardware.
- Separate lift-out component racks for the transformer and rectifier stack.
- Heavy duty transformer with 15% over design for reserve capacity.
- Minimum 18-step voltage control link bar taps.
- Quick-change heavy duty knobs for changing tap link bars.
- Minimum 5/16″ diameter, solder tap changing studs
- 3/16″ Grade XX, Phenolic panels
- AC Input circuit breaker
- Magnetic AC secondary circuit breakers on all units less than 100 amps (instead of fuses)
- Hoyt, separate analog, 2-1/2″ round, volt and amp meters
- Silicon diodes protected by surge suppressors and current limiting breakers < 100 Amps or fuses
- All electrical connection hardware is Nickel Plated and double-nutted or soldered
- Multi-strand, high temperature, insulated flexible wiring
- Terminal block for AC input wires (Non-Hazardous models only)
ALCO Rectifier Oil Cooled & Explosion Proof Rectifiers Optional Features
- Variety of AC voltage inputs, Single Phase, Three Phase, 50 or 60 Hertz
- AC and/or DC High Energy lightning protection
- Efficiency filter chokes.
- Communication filters.
- Meter switches
- Power-on indicator light
- DC failure warning lights
- DC circuit breakers < 100 amps or fuses
- 115 VAC convenience outlet
- Optional cabinet materials, such as stainless steel
- Additional voltage control link bar taps.
- Alternate output control (constant current, constant voltage, constant potential, and constant potential with IR drop free feature.
- Powder coated cabinet finishes over galvanized coating (White or Gray Standard)
- Other options per request of customer.
ALCO Rectifier Oil Cooled & Explosion Proof Rectifiers Wattage & Weight
|Single Phase||Three Phase|
|Each rectifier is custom built and will vary in weight:
The weights above are approximate.
ALCO Rectifier Oil Cooled & Explosion Proof Rectifier Typical Dimensions
|Letters Reference the Drawing|
|Case Dimensions & Stud Locations (inches)||Knockout Detail|
|Case Dimensions are in inches.
MAO is shipped with 12″ stand.
ALCO Rectifier Oil Cooled & Explosion Proof Rectifier Ordering Code/ Model Number
- Position #1: MODEL
- O = Standard Line, Oil Cooled
- Position #2: TYPE
- S = Standard Rectifier (Manual Taps)
- C = Constant Current (Reactor Style)
- D = Constant Current (Solid State)
- E = Constant Voltage (Solid State)
- P = Constant Potential (Solid State)
- I = Constant Potential IR Free (Solid State)
- M = Multiple Modes (Specify Modes Required)
- V = Variac Control
- Position #3: COOLING
- O = Oil Cooled
- x = Oil Cooled XP (Hazardous Location) Class1, Div. 2
- Position #4: STACK TYPE
- I = Silicon (Recommended)
- E = Selenium
- Position #5: DC VOLTS
- List Maximum DC Voltage Desired
- Position #6: DC AMPS
- List Maximum DC Amperage Desired
- Position #7: AC INPUT
- AA = 115/230, 1 phase set for 115 vac
- AB = 115/230, 1 phase set for 230 vac
- BA = 230/460, 1 phase set for 230 vac
- BB = 230/460, 1 phase set for 460 vac
- CA = 230/460, 3 phase set for 230 vac
- CB = 230/460, 3 phase set for 460 vac
- EA = 115/460, 1 phase set for 115 vac
- EB = 115/460, 1 phase set for 460
- G = 115, 1 phase only
- H = 230, 1 phase only
- D = 208, 3 phase
- F = Specify
- Position #8: SPECIAL FEATURES
- C = AC and DC arrestors
- D = DC arrestor
- E = AC arrestor
- F = Filter Choke
- G = Communications Filter
- H = Meter Switches — For Standard Oil Cooled Rectifiers Only
- J = Power On Indicator Light
- K = DC Failure Light
- M = DC Breaker (> 100 amps) or Fuse
- R = 115 VAC Convenience Outlet
- P = Additional Voltage Control Link Bar Taps
- S = Multiple Rectifiers in One Case (qty.)
- Q = Other, Specify