Product Information for:
3000 lb. O-Ring Insulating Union
- Flat Face Type
- 3000 lb. Working Pressure
- Provides Permanent, Economical Protection
- Available with Octagon Nut or Handle Bar Nut
- Protects against Stray or Induced House Currents
- Stops Galvanic and Electrolytic Corrosion of Mains and Services
- Confined O-Ring Seal: Allows union to be reused. Little torque required to make gas-tight seal, yet permits extremely high compression.
- Brass Ring: Serves as a bearing surface for the nut, eliminating undue wear or binding on nylon insulation when making-up.
- Leak-Proof Static Seal: The confined gasket makes the seal completely leak-proof. Will not lossen under strain or vibration.
- Forged Steel Nut and Body: Made from hot forged AISI 1023 open hearth, silicon killed forged steel.
- Extra Heavy Shoulder: On swivel end and in the nut. Increases strength to withstand pipe strains, vibration, misaligned connections, and wrench abuse.
- Integral one-Piece Construction: Insulation is bonded and molded to the metal body. No loose parts to assemble, lose, or misalign during field installation.
- Precise Threading: Expert machining for exact dimensions. Meets ANSI B2.1.
Installation Ease and Long Life
Integral one-piece O-Ring construction features nylon which is bonded and molded to the metal body, completely enclosing the flange and flat face. The insulation design uses a return of nylon on the internal surface, which gives additional protection against shorts caused by bridging of foreign materials.
The molded nylon is a nonbrittle type which will withstand extreme shock loads and impact without fracturing. This special nylon is chemically unaffected by gas, water, brine, ammonia, petroleum oils, H2S, crude, and greases at temperatures as high as 250° F. Dielectric strength goes far beyond the toughest requirements.
1/2″, 3/4″, 1″, 1 1/4″, 1 1/2″, 2″, 2 1/2″, 3″