Holiday Detector Model APS
Holiday Detector Model APS
800 volts to 35,000 volts in 1 instrument
The Model APS holiday detector is the result of more than three years of development and two years of testing in the field. The instrument represents the latest in electronics in the CP industry.
The Model APS is a pulsating DC holiday detector with regulated voltage. It has a range of 800 volts to 35,000 volts, giving complete coverage for coating specifications.
The instrument is ergonomically designed with an angled handle and an open grip design that takes into account different hand and glove sizes.
- 800V to 35 kV in one instrument
- Safety switch for instant shutoff
- Regulated voltage output
- High setting: 3.5 kV 35 kV
- Low setting: 0.8 kV to 8 kV
- Digital voltmeter display
- LED Holiday Indicator – Easily seen in bright daylight
- Volume controls for noisy environments
- Regulated voltage
- Large push button controls
- Volume control for loud
- Ergonomic handle and grip
- Rugged design for long life
- Weather sealed
- Solid state electronics
- Low voltage battery indicator
- Greater battery efficiency
- Compatible with Model AP/S1 & AP/S2 components and accessories
- Water & dust resistant carrying case
One of the most important features is the patent pending safety switch. This trigger system provides greater job-site safety for both the operator and nearby personnel. The handle on the grip must be held down to operate the instrument. The unit is shut down immediately when the handle is released. This feature increases job-site safety because an instrument cannot be left energized while unattended.
After setting the voltage, the instrument remembers the setting and the range, so the instrument can be turned on and off as much as necessary without further adjustments.
The instrument is controlled by an electronics package contained inside a water impenetrable cover. All control switches are push button operated, with large operational areas. Controls are easy to manipulate while wearing gloves.
Controls include On, Low and High voltage ranges, LCD voltmeterdisplay, voltage setting switch, Loud and Louder volume controls and the wand handle release button.
Just below the LCD voltmeter display is the visual alert for holiday indications. This alert is made of a cluster of “super bright” LEDs that are easily seen in bright daylight conditions.
- The voltage selection switch is located just above the LCD voltmeter display
- The voltage selection switch is sealed from weather and dust by a screw cap.
- The dust cap may be removed with the supplied screwdriver.
- After removing the dust cap voltages are set by turning the voltage selector.
- On the Low voltage range, select between 800 volts and 8,000 volts.
- On the High voltage range, select between 3,500 volts and 35,000 volts.
The LCD voltmeter display shows voltages in kilovolts (kV). So, a voltage setting of 800 volts would be displayed as 0.8 and a voltage selection of 35,000 volts would be shown as 35.0.
The audible alert speaker is located in the middle of the top of the instrument. The Loud setting is recommended for normal operations, where ambient noise levels are normal. For louder areas, where ear protection may be required, the Louder volume setting may be used.
The Model APS comes complete in kit form, including:
- Model APS instrument and battery
- Spare battery
- Battery holder (batt box)
- Ground cable, 20′
- Wand handle, 18″, with full circle spring electrode connector (Compax conn.)
- 4″ Rubber inspection paddle
- Battery charger, 110v A/C (220v A/C available)
- Carrying case
- Instruction manual
- Certificate of Calibration
- And your choice of electrode*
*Electrode choices are:
- Full Circle Spring Electrodes for 2″ to 36″ pipe diameters
- Half Circle Spring Electrodes for 2″ to 8″ pipe diameters
- Silicone-Rubber Brush Electrodes in 2″ to 8″ widths
You may choose one electrode per instrument, in the size ranges listed. Other sizes are available for additional cost.
The carrying case is included with the Model APS as well as high voltage holiday detectors, Models AP and AP/W.
The carrying case is made of light resin materials and is weather and dust sealed. Custom foam inserts keep the instrument and all components safe and secure during shipping and handling.
The inline wheels and padded handles make for easy mobility, and its streamlined size makes it easy to store on the truck or in the shop. The latches are strong but easy to open, with a push button lock on each. The case has molded lock catches for your own padlock or other locking mechanism.