AnodeFlex™ 1500 Series Anodes
AnodeFlex™ 1500 Series
Long-line linear impressed current anode
Five Basic Elements
- Central Copper Conductor: #6 AWG, serving as a low resistance busbar to deliver the required current over considerable distance without incurring substantial longitudinal voltage drop.
- Conductive polymer: 0.5 inch (13 mm) in diameter special extrusion, sealing the copper conductor from chemical attack, yet allowing current to flow through it, from the conductor to the environment all along its length.
- Coke breeze: Pre-packaged, high performance calcined petroleum coke breeze, serving as the active matrix in which the electrochemical reactions take place. Designed for min. 20 years service life at max. current output of 16 mA/ft (52 mA/m).
- Fabric jacket: Integrated woven, acid resistant and porous jacket holding the coke breeze in place around the anode.
- Protective braid: Tough, porous, non-conductive protective braid enhancing the abrasion and damage resistance of the fabric jacket.
- Pipeline Rehabilitation without Excavation
- No over-protected or under-protected areas
- Long continuous circuit lengths
- Installation with standard cable laying equipment
- 90% fewer joints compared to other anode systems
- Easy monitoring of current
- Overcomes variations in soil resistivity
- Used to rehabilitate operating pipelines
- No loss of revenue and no supply interruptions
- Pre-packaged coke breeze
- AnodeFlex™ 1500 is a long-line, flexible, cable-like anode.
- It is placed in continuous close proximity to the target structure and provides uniform distribution of CP current.
- Unique construction allows current to flow long distances down the center conductor, while allowing sufficient cathodic protection current to continuously pass through the conductive polymer all along the length of the anode.
- Maintains steel-to-soil “instant-off” potential in the required window of -850mv (-950mv if SRB’s present) and -1200mv
- AnodeFlex™ 1500’s efficiency prevents over-voltage problems such as hydrogen generation and associated rapid coating disbondment.
- Interference from other structures and stray currents are virtually eliminated.
- AnodeFlex™ 1500 can often be installed as part of a system rehabiliation on pipelines with decayed coatings
- Above ground storage tank bottoms and buried tanks can be more effectively protected from corrosion using this continuous, close proximity anode system.
- A fraction of the cost of recoating
- Lay up to 1.25 miles(2 km) per day
- Lower maintenance cost
- Fast, easy and cost effective installation
- Less vulnerable to splicing errors
- More reliable and economical than discrete anodes
- Environmentally friendly
- Fast and less disruptive during installation
- Focuses current on the target structure
- Ensures low resistance ground bed all the time