PetroWrap Anti-Corrosion System
- Steel pipes
- Welded pipe joints
- Cooling tower piping
- Pipe crossings
- Tank bases
- Waterproofing & sealing
- Fire protection - pipe and sprinkler systems
- Electronic connection boxes
- Cable splices
- Marine pilings
The PetroWrap Anti-Corrosion System has been developed for long term corrosion protection of metal surfaces underground, underwater, or exposed - even in the most severe environments. It consists of a cold applied system of petrolatum based PetroWrap Anti-Corrosion Tape, PetroWrap Primer, and, where contouring is necessary, PetroWrap Mastic. PetroWrap ensures easy site application without heating, even in the coldest temperatures, and can be applied on damp and indifferently prepared surfaces.
PetroWrap Anti-Corrosion System Components
PetroWrap Anti-Corrosion System Application Instructions
- Remove all contaminants such as dirt, oil, scale and excessive moisture.
- Brush PetroWrap Primer A evenly over surface to displace remaining moisture and ensure proper adhesion.
- Press PetroWrap Mastic B into surface irregularities to eliminate air pockets.
- Wrap PetroWrap Tape C spirally around prepared surface using even tension. An overlap of 55% is recommended to assure total protection.
- Finish with PetroWrap Overwrap D applied like PetroWrap Tape to prevent mechanical damage as required.