DeFelsko PosiTector® PC Powder Checker
Affordably measures uncured powder coatings using non-contact ultrasonic technology to automatically calculate and display a predicted cured thickness.
- Hand-held, battery operated
- No calibration adjustment required for most powders
- Thickness results appear on both base unit and probe
- Bi-color indicator light-ideal in a noisy environment
- Solvent, acid, oil, water and dust resistant - ideal for powder coating environments
- Shock-absorbing, protective rubber holster with belt loop and magnetic mount for easy storage
- Replaceable screen protects the probe
- Two year warranty on both base unit and probe
- Conforms to ASTM D7378
- Advanced new technology allows measurement on small tubes, odd shapes and moving parts
- Easy calibration adjustment options improve accuracy on unusual powders or substrates
- Wireless probe communicates with base unit up to 10m away. (30 feet)
- No cable to risk disturbing applied powder
- Selectable display languages
- Backlit displays for dim or dark environments
- Long battery life - uses standard alkaline batteries
- Continually displays/updates basic statistics including min/max and average
- USB Mass Storage of 1,000 readings in up to 100 batches
- Built-in IR port for printing stored results to an optional wireless printer
- USB port for fast and easy connection to a PC and to supply continuous power
- No download software required. The gage generates formatted reports with measurement summaries and charts
- Live measurement results can be sent to a data collector or spray booth controller
The PosiTector® PC can record 1,000 measurements in up to 100 groups (batches) for on-screen statistical purposes (as shown above), for printing to an optional IR printer, or for transferring to a computer using the included USB cable. Readings are time-stamped as they are taken.
USB Mass Storage:The PosiTector® PC Powder Checker uses a USB mass storage device class which provides a simple interface to retrieve data in a manner similar to USB flash drives, cameras, or digital audio players.
Any computer can view and download measurements stored in memory (in batches) by navigating a virtual drive labeled POWDER using the included USB cable.
Transferring Live Measurement Results
Selectable Display Languages
Optional IR Printer
- Receives data via an invisible infrared beam.
- Prints both text and graphics
- Light weight
- Prints to Thermal Transfer Paper (no ink required)
- One year Warranty
|Range||20 - 110 μm ( 0.8 - 4.3 mils)|
|Resolution||1 μm (0.05 mils)|
|Accuracy||± 5 μm (± 0.2 mils)|
|Measurement Time||2 - 5 seconds|
|Measurement Distance to Powder||18 mm (0.75 inch)|
|Measurement Area||2 mm (0.08 inch)|
- Size: 146 x 64 x 31 mm (5.75" x 2.5" x 1.2")
- Weight: 165 g (5.8 oz.) without batteries
- Size: 222 x Ø50 mm (8.75" x Ø2.0")
- Weight: 272 g (9.6 oz.) without batteries
The PC Powder Checker come complete with base unit and probe, protective rubber holster with belt loop and magnetic mount, probe fixture, 3 AAA batteries (base unit), 3 AA batteries (probe), instructions, instructional video, replacement probe screen, USB cable, carabiner and wrist strap, durable carrying case, two (2) year warranty.