150 lb. Ground Joint Insulating Union
300 lb. Cold Working Pressure
Stops Galvanic and Electrolytic Corrosion of Mains and Services
Provides Permanent, Economical Protection
Protects against Stray or Induced House Currents
- Ground Joint: Extra wide seating surface.
- Precise Mating Tapers: Provides high compression, gas-tight seal. Will not loosen under strain or vibration.
- Nut and Body: Made of high test, air refined malleable iron.
- Extra Heavy Shoulder: On swivel end and in the nut. Increases strength to withstand pipe strains, vibration, misaligned connections, and wrench abuse.
- Integral one-Piece Construction: Insulation is bonded and molded to the metal body. No loose parts to assemble, lose, or misalign during field installation.
- Precise Threading: Expert machining for exact dimensions. Meets ANSI B2.1.
- Molded Nylon: Nonbrittle to withstand extreme shock loads and impact without fracturing. Chemically unaffected by most substances including gas, water, ammonia, petroleum oils, and greases at temperatures as high as 250° F. Central's insulation design uses a return of nylon on the internal surface, which gives additional protection against shorts caused by bridging of foreign materials. Dielectric strength goes far beyond the toughest requirements.