DeFelsko PosiPen® Coating Thickness Gage
PosiPen® has a very small, unique magnet which can be placed with pin-point accuracy on extremely small parts, and on peaks and valleys. Ideal for measuring non-magnetic coatings such as paint, enamel, plating, hot-dip galvanizing on steel.Used For
- Small, hot or hard-to-reach surfaces
- Spot Checks - conveniently fits in a shirt pocket
- Hot Sprayed Coatings
- Refineries, petrochemical plants
- Platers - electroplating, chrome, zinc, galvanizing
- Powder coaters
- Lightweight - easy to carry, just like a ball point pen
- No batteries / electronics
- Rugged - not affected by mechanical shock, acid, oil, water and dust
- No user adjustment required
- Certificate of Calibration traceable to NIST included
- Highly wear resistant probe tip for long life and continuous accuracy
- Each PosiPen® has two scales mils (inch) and microns (metric)
- Step 1. Place the tip of the PosiPen® on the coated surface and allow the magnet to contact.
- Step 2.Pull the PosiPen® straight back from the object to be measured while keeping close watch on the appropriate indicator.
Note the reading when the magnet releases.
The PosiPen® compensates for gravity when measuring in different positions.
- Use the red/silver joining line when the Gage is horizontal (walls).
- Use the green line when the Gage is pointing straight down (green/ground).
- Use the blue line when the Gage is pointing straight up (blue/sky).
|Range||0.25 to 20 mils||5 to 500 microns|
|Tolerance||± 10% and 0.1 mil||± 10% and 2.5 microns|
|Temperature||-150° F to +450° F||-100° C to 230° C|
Conforms to National and International Standards including ASTM D7091/B499, ISO 2808 and others.
Certificate of Calibration traceable to NIST