Pipehorn Water Leak Detector Model LD-8
A very simple, yet very sensitive tool for water leak surveying
- Adjustable sensitivity
- Stores easily behind the seat of a truck
- Digital meter indicating sound strength
- Soft, leather covered earphones
- Sensor: Piezoelectric Element
- Amplification: 55 dB
- Frequency Range: 100Hz to 2000Hz
- Notch Filters: 150Hz and 180Hz
- Temperature Range: 25 F to 130 F
- Batteries: Two AA (dry cell or rechargeable)
- Battery Life: v24 hours minimum (alkaline cells)
- Weight: 10.6 ounces (with batteries)
- Size: 8.15 by 3.3 by 2.4 inches
- Headphones: Stereo, 8 ohms
- ABS Carrying Case:
- Weight: 10 lb. (full)
- Dimensions: 18 by 11.5 in. X 7.0 in.
- Standard Contact Rods:
- Short Rod: 4 inches, anti-slip tip
- 4-Section Rod: 4 sections, each 13 inches, threaded connections
- Optional Contact Rods:
- 40 Inch Rod: Single piece, light-weight stainless steel
- 60 Inch Rod: Single piece, light-weight stainless steel
The new LD-8 Leak Survey Tool is designed specifically for "water leak surveys" done by water departments, water districts, and other government and private agencies concerned about "unaccounted-for water losses." The LD-8 is very simple to use, yet it is very sensitive when listening for water leaks at meters, hydrants, and valves. Sounds from water leaks can travel for hundreds of feet (even thousands of feet on iron and steel pipes) on water mains, and a "listen only" leak survey is often very effective at discovering areas with water leaks.
- Amplifier with push button ON/OFF switch, volume control, two-digit display of loudness, and three-range sensitivity switch.
- Use the short contact rod for listening at hydrants.
- Use the long contact rods for listening at below-grade meters and below-grade valves.
- Notch filters reduce A/C hum from transformers, power lines, etc.
- Excellent sensor sensitivity, leak sound amplification, and audio clarity.
- Stereo headphones with soft leather ear covers are comfortable for hours and hours
- Use the two-digit display to compare the loudness of leak sounds at nearby locations, like adjacent water meters, close water hydrants, close water valves, etc. The display can show which is loudest when your ears can not tell.
- Sturdy, light-weight carrying case weighs only 10 lbs. and fits behind the seat in the truck.
- Heavy-Duty ABS Plastic Carrying Case
- Over-the-Ears Stereo Headphones
- Handheld Amplifier w/ Display and Volume Control
- Short Contact Rod (4 inches)
- 4-Section Contact Rod Set (52 inches)
- Optional 40 inch Rod (not shown)
- Optional 60 inch Rod (not shown)
- Instruction Manual (not shown)